American Autowire’s Highway 22 has long been the flagship universal system for wiring high-tech, high-end custom vehicles. The company has seen and heard evidence of customers installing the kit in just about every make or model vintage vehicle, some modern vehicles, off-road trucks and even industrial equipment.
American Autowire has taken note of some suggestions over the years to make a great product even better, and is pleased to introduce the Highway 22 Plus. American Autowire’s goals with the changes in the Highway 22 Plus are to preserve the same feel as the original, with some modernization and ease of use improvements for both backyard and professional builders. The full list of new features is below:
• Each kit will now include a built-in LED flasher to support LED turn signals without the need to purchase an additional item.
• American Autowire has added back up light feed and power wires to make the harness easier to install in a more modern vehicle.
• The pre-installed 20 amp relay can now be easily changed to function as either a keyed 12 volt or ground triggered item.
• American Autowire has improved our instructions to cite a wider range of examples and real-world scenarios. The panel labeling has also been updated along with the above physical changes, including wording modifications for enhanced clarity.
• The wiper circuit has been upgraded to a 20 amp fuse to support all aftermarket wiper systems. This has been made an accessory circuit for more adaptability.
• The AC/Heat fuse has also been moved to an accessory circuit to eliminate draw from the blower motor while the vehicle is being started.
• All kits will feature our new high amp alternator and main power connection kit. This allows for the use of high amp alternators, and provides an even better level of fuse protection for the panel and charging system. This new connection kit utilizes 6 ga wire and two 175 amp Megafuses.
• Extra connectors and wiring have been added to more easily support a 4-headlight system without an additional add-on purchase.
• Longer neutral safety wires for cars with console shifters.
These original features that made the Highway Series the most popular wiring system available are still part of the new Highway 22 Plus:
• G-10 composite panel base measuring 7.5”L x 4.5”W x 3.125”H, and nylon 6/6 panel components.
• GXL/XLPE GM color-coded wire.
• Easy-to-read wire labeling every 3”- 4”.
• Battery and accessory power expansion via heavy duty power studs on the panel.
• Self-locking screw clamp interface.
• American Autowire’s signature gauge cluster disconnect.
• Ignition, headlight and dimmer switches are included.
• Full-color, tabloid-sized, step-by-step instructions.
The Highway 22 Plus is part number 510760. The retail price is $519.00. The original version of the Highway 22 (part number 500695) will still be available for a short period of time after the release of the Highway 22 Plus. For more infomation, call 800-482-9473 or visit www.americanautowire.com.
(Content courtesy of American Autowire)