AEM’s latest DashDesign Software update (1.04.10) has further enhanced the functionality of CD-5 & CD-7 Carbon dashes to ensure that it delivers the best experience possible for racing, track-day, hot rod, Powersports or any other application needing a digital dash that lets you see everything. This update allows CD Carbon dashes to receive channels from even more OBDII CAN-based factory ECUs, adds a loop logging function so that users never have to worry about losing data when all on-board memory is full, improves the reset button functionality to easily reset other channels like lap counter, session timer and other min/max values independent of the recorded fastest lap, and adds support for non-interpolated function tables.
New setup files have been added in DashDesign 1.04.10, including more setup files for GPS-enabled CD Carbon dashes, support for Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI system users and support for the Zeitronix ECA ethanol content analyzer. AEMData software 1.04.10 update is required and available as a FREE download <HERE>
AEM engineers have stacked several improvements into the AEMData software to ensure the DashDesign is easier than ever to use. To get a complete rundown of the DashDesign 1.04.10 release notes, please click <HERE>
ABOUT THE CD-5 CARBON and CD-7 DIGITAL DASHES
CD-5 Carbon and CD-7 Carbon color digital displays feature super-bright, high-contrast, sunlight readable five-inch and seven-inch screens surrounded by tough, lightweight carbon fiber composite enclosures that make them the lightest graphical dash displays in their respective categories. Both displays have an integrated glare diffuser and shade hood for readability in the brightest daylight conditions. They are designed to accept channels from CAN bus connections and include limited analog inputs. Seven ultra-bright programmable LEDs span the top of the display housings for RPM and shift light indication. Two large buttons are included on the face of the display, providing easy page changing and memory resetting, even with driving gloves on. Two additional programmable LEDs are located above the toggle buttons on the sides of the housings.
The Ultimate Track Day Display/Logger – Works with 2008-Up Stock ECUs
AEM’s OBDII Plug & Play Adapter harness (PN 30-2217)> makes CD Carbon Dash Displays the perfect track day displays for racers with 2008-up vehicles that have a stock/reflashed ECU. Using the OBDII Plug & Play Adapter Cable, the dashes can display available channels from a vehicle’s OBD port. Combine a logging version of the dash with the factory channels and our optional integrated GPS feature, and racers have everything they need to create track maps, view lap times and log all incoming channels!
Tested to Work with Over 250 CAN-based Devices
The CD-5 Carbon’s and CD-7 Carbon’s harnesses include two independent CAN bus inputs, so virtually any device with a CAN output can be added. CD Carbon digital dashes are validated to support hundreds of 3rd party devices. This is in addition to AEMnet CAN-enabled products like the 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2212)> which sends analog, frequency and digital sensor signals to the CD Carbon dashes through a single plug, 8 Channel K-Type EGT CAN Module (PN 30-2224)> which adds eight temp inputs via a one-plug connection, X-Series Wideband UEGO AFR Controllers>, Vehicle Dynamics Module (PN 30-2206)> which adds an accelerometer, gyroscope, and GPS all housed in a compact enclosure, Infinity ECUs, Series 2 EMS, and 4 Channel Wideband UEGO Controller.
See Everything in Carbureted Vehicles
Our 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2212)> converts analog, digital and frequency inputs into an AEMnet CAN bus signal that can be transmitted to the CD Carbon Digital Dashes, eliminating the need for a CAN-based EFI system or device. The 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module has everything that users need to get data onto the Dash in a carbureted vehicle, including tachometer and fuel level, wheel speeds for MPH, and pressure/temp sensors. Users can daisy-chain two of the Modules together, which is ideal for enthusiasts who have a logging CD Dash and want to expand their logging capabilities.
CD CARBON DIGITAL DASH DISPLAY FEATURES:
- Full color five-inch and seven-inch screens with 800×480 resolution
- Direct sunlight readable (1000cd/m2 brightness and anti-glare filter)
- IP65 water resistance – open cockpit, marine and motorcycle safe
- Accepts channels from two separate user programmable CAN bus connections – works with AEMnet enabled devices and 3rd party devices side by side
- Available with 200Mb internal logging (up to 1,000Hz/channel)
- Available with 20hZ internal GPS
- Seven programmable pages including four Main pages, Alarm, On-Change and Start-up pages
- Dedicated Alarm page quickly identifies problems (user defined)
- Unique On-Change page can be used to identify map switching for boost, traction, lap times, etc.
- Use included page templates and input your channels and text, or create your own custom page templates
- Free DashDesign Graphics Editor software
- Seven LED RPM/shift light indicators on top of the housing are fully reconfigurable and programmable to suit user needs as indicator lights, warning lights, etc.
- Two programmable LEDs above toggle buttons on sides of housing
- Optional Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM) adds GPS, accelerometer for longitudinal, lateral and vertical G-loads and gyroscope for roll, pitch, and yaw
- Odometer function
- Over 200 supplied fully programmable warning icons, and you can add your own
- Customizable text and warning messages can be added in multiple languages
- ‘Headlight-in’ connection dims the dash and LEDs during night operation
- Two extra switch inputs included for displaying user-triggered events
- User supplied graphics can be changed based on channel values (up to the full screen size)
- Convert CAN bus channel values to user-defined text in multiple languages
Advanced Engine Management’s performance electronics are Engineered to Outperform. The company designs, manufactures and assembles engine management systems, digital dash displays, CAN expansion modules, wideband air/fuel systems, water/methanol injection systems, data loggers, performance gauges, boost controllers, performance sensors, ignition components, fuel delivery components and adjustable cam gears at its corporate headquarters in Hawthorne, CA.