The first-ever Masters of Motors award was a resounding success and took the 2018 SEMA show by storm. JE Pistons, with the help of the best Motor-minded judges in the industry, recognized engine builders’ hard work, creativity, and commitment to combustion on a national stage. David Freiburger, Brian Lohnes, Steve Brulé, and Mike Kojima, scoured the show floor and selected the best engines in attendance rewarding them with billet-machined trophies and product certificates.
2018 Masters of Motors SEMA Winners
- Engine-uity Award: Joe Schubeck, Quad-cam 904ci Hemi
- Sport Compact: Stephan Papadakis 1,000hp, Toyota 2AR Drift Engine
- European: Mike Weiss Turbocharged Mercedes AMG V8 Drag Radial Engine
- Domestic: Matt and Shane Corish V12 LS Engine
- Race Engine: Megan Meyer, NA, A Fuel (Nitro) Hemi
- Nostalgia: Andy Leach, Ardun-Headed Flat Head
- Power Adder: Tom Nelson, Twin-turbocharged LS Engine
The first Masters of Motors winner, “Gentlemen” Joe Schubeck received the coveted, billet “Engineuity” trophy as well as $4,500 in product certificates from supporting manufacturers JE Pistons, Dart, K1 Technologies, and Trend Performance. All class winners received a $1,000 JE Pistons product certificate to be used on any set of JE pistons, rings, or JE Pro Seal gaskets.
Masters of Motors will return for the 2018 PRI show, with judging beginning on Thursday December 6, Top 25 announced at the JE Pistons booth 825 4:00pm local time. The class and overall winners will be announced at the JE Pistons booth 825 Friday, Dec 7 at 11:00am. Engines must be in attendance to participate.
For more information please visit: www.MastersofMotors.com